Copy custom-hook-boxes.php to New Website

The website I was working on was a local host and I broke a link and deleted some stuff and original WP db is gone. I was using Local by Flywheel and didn't really understood how it worked. So, unfortunately I can NOT export/import custom settings.

Anyway....

Unlike custom functions where you can just cut and paste to a new website, hook boxes and widget area obviously don't work this way. So I tried to drag/copy the php file to the appropriate place in the new website but (at least using Local) DWB is not reading the files. Path: wp-content/uploads/dynamik-gen/theme/

I did try clearing the browser cache.

I'm I doing something wrong? Is there a way to force DWB to read these copied files?

Unfortunately that's not going to work. With DWB and these Custom Options like Hook Boxes it's a one-way situation where those Custom Options (through the Admin area) write to the database and then to the files in the /wp-content/uploads/dynamik-gen/theme/ directory, but not the other way around. DWB does not read those /uploads/ files, but simply points to them when using them on the front-end of your website.

So though the Custom Hook Box files provide the hard-coded output of those Custom Hook Boxes admin options, they cannot be used to import back into DWB admin like you're trying to do. The best you can do is use them as a reference to re-build the Custom Hook Boxes admin area one Custom Hook Box at a time.