Errors on Dynamik skin import

Hello Eric and fellow Cobalters,

I'm attempting to import the Dynamik Impact skin up to my server and the install hangs until the max_execution_time parameter in my php.ini file times out. what is happening is that Dynamik is looking for a temp folder that is not there. Here is what the first two entries in the php error.log look like:

11-Jun-2019 19:19:25 UTC] PHP Warning: opendir(/var/www/html/example.website/public_html/wp-content/uploads/dynamik-gen/theme/tmp/import/images): failed to open dir: No such file or directory$

[11-Jun-2019 19:19:25 UTC] PHP Warning: readdir() expects parameter 1 to be resource, bool given in /var/www/html/example.website/public_html/wp-content/themes/dynamik-gen/lib/functions/import$

I'm not sure if I need to set a temporary folder location, if Dynamik is supposed to do it but it is not, and if this is a permissions issue. Some guidance would be appreciated.

I'm going to go back in a poke around a bit. 🙂

Thank you,
Michael

Ok,
There is a var/www/html/example.website/public_html/wp-content/uploads/dynamik-gen/theme/tmp/import folder and there is a example.website/public_html/wp-content/uploads/dynamik-gen/theme/tmp/images folder, but there is no /var/www/html/example.website/public_html/wp-content/uploads/dynamik-gen/theme/tmp/import/images folder.

Inside the import folder there is a subfolder named dynamik_impact and this folder is populated with theme bits and parts. The images folder is populated with a subfolder named adminthumbnails and the adminthumbnails subfolder is empty.

And I also got this when I put WordPress into debug mode:

The error comes up in line 2435 of import-export.php.

Warning: opendir(/var/www/html/example.website/public_html/wp-content/uploads/dynamik-gen/theme/tmp/import/images): failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/example.website/public_html/wp-content/themes/dynamik-gen/lib/functions/import-export.php on line 2435

Thank you! 🙂

That was a real mind bender. When I downloaded the theme my Mac automatically unzipped it, so I used compress in Finder and thought I was good to go. Nope. I had to go to the Apple App Store for my Mac and I bought BandiZip Archiver and zipped the theme up using that and no troubles.

The big tip-off came when I was staring at a white screen that said:

Error : PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10) : Unable to find End of Central Dir Record signature

By the way, I just purchased and installed Dynamik today and I decided to get the Instant IDE product as well and MAN, is that tool sweet. It's like someone stuffed you clean inside the server with a flashlight. Very nice!

Well, today was my maiden voyage into php debugging. I learned how to echo variables. 🙂

Thanks for the nice products. That Dynamik Impact skin is A-OK. It looks very sharp.
Michael

@mmiles

Wow, you're heavy into troubleshooting and trial and error. I love to see newcomers who are really willing to get their hands dirty and their feet wet! 🙂

Just a tip on the Safari auto-unzip issue. My favorite solution is simply to download zip files from a non-Safari browser like Chrome or Firefox as they won't auto-unzip them for you. But it sounds like you found a solid solution as well.

I'm happy to hear you're finding Instant IDE to be so powerful and hopefully useful. It's kind of my "baby" as I have put a lot into that tool even though I know it may be more of a niche tool than a mainstream one like Dynamik. But as you said, it gives you all kinds of control that no other WordPress tool offers.

And I'm glad to hear you finally got the Impact Skin to work and found it pleasing to the eye. 🙂

@eric
Thanks for the tip on Safari being the problem. I had no clue. 🙂
I'm really enjoying your products and am learning a lot about how WordPress and Genesis Framework works.
Thank you. 🙂

@mmiles

Glad to hear it! 🙂