Instant IDE 1.5.0 is AWESOME!

I wanted to say a few words of praise about the Instant IDE v1.5.0 update. 😉

It's so good I've started doing everything in it now. It used to be a tool that was handy to use now and again, when it was really needed. Now I find myself firing it up for anything as it's such a pleasure to use and feels so smooth.

The whole vibe with the icons is a win for me. I'm very visually oriented so this makes it feel exciting and comfortable - especially when coding for many, many hours.

The save state is just fantastic! Especially as it is not machine specific.
I can start a project on my desktop and suddenly have to run off somewhere, so I throw my laptop in my backpack and later I can fire up Instant IDE and everything is exactly where I left it...
AWESOME!

Search and Replace is perfect. It's not just a simple inclusion, it has all the elements I could need, case sensitive, replace one, replace all, find in selection... Love it.

I have been building loads of plugins recently - just simple custom things, nothing huge, and the ability to build them all direct in Instant IDE and then click Download on the folder and BOOM! I have an instantly created plugin zip file on my desktop ready to rock.
Makes me feel like a plugin ninja!

Uploading files is smooth as silk as well. I'm usually only uploading JS libraries or fonts etc. but the process is just a pleasure.
And not forgetting the dual editor windows and the new dragable window sizing which may be the best new feature of all!

Of course I still have a couple of items on my wishlist! Maybe they could see v1.6.0?!!
I can but ask eh!

1. CSS indent options (the ability to choose 2 or 4 character spacing).
    This is important for me as I can work on projects where all other files use 2 character indented spacing.
    Would be great to not have to either pull the file into Sublime and beautify it... or I have figured I can hack the effect by deleting the first tab and replacing it with 2 spaces, then whenever I hit Enter after that it sticks to the 2 character indent, but only within that same class / ID, then you have to repeat the process on the next class / ID.

2. Desktop Site Preview window drag size stops at 1300px. Would love it to react responsively and go all the way to 1024 at least.
    I currently have to jump into the main site to check 1024px-1300px, which is cool - I'm just being picky there!

That's all. 😉

Thanks for making Instant IDE so awesome.. Really appreciating all the work that has gone into this.

Brett

@Brett-Redvers

Thanks for taking the time to share all of this helpful feedback! You can work on something for months and think it's awesome, but without actual real-world feedback from other users it's really not a viable pat on the back. 🙂

Thanks also for the requests. 1.5.0 is certainly not perfection so I'm always looking to improve it even more. Regarding #2, can you clarify what you mean by "Desktop Site Preview window drag size stops at 1300px."? I must be missing something because as far as I know you can drag it as wide or narrow as you like.

Thanks again Brett! 🙂