Different (default) layout for posts and archive pages

I try to achieve the following layout setting:

• for posts - default: content + right side bar

• for archive pages - full width content (no sidebar)

Of course I can set a default layout in the Genesis theme setting, but that affects both posts and pages. For normal pages, that is no so much of a problem as I can overridedthe default an a page by page basis. But I can't figure out how to change the layout for archive pages. A solution that affects all pages is also fine.

Any suggestions how to tackle this?

Thanks in advance,

Joost

@horstenj

Which Cobalt Apps tool are you working with?

I'm sorry, I forgot to mention. I'm using Dynamik

@horstenj

Try this:

In Dynamik > Custom Options create a new Custom Conditional, selecting "Is Archive" from the "Examples" drop-down menu, and then saving your changes. This will reload the page once the new Conditional has been created. Now create a new Custom Hook Box, set it to hook into the wp_head hook location, select your "is_archive" Conditional, and paste this code into it (note that this code was created by the PHP Builder which has a "Forced Layout" option):

<?php
add_filter( 'genesis_pre_get_option_site_layout', '__genesis_return_full_width_content' );
?>

Now save your changes. Now you should find that when you click into your various archive pages (i.e.. author archive, category archives, tag archives, etc...) they are all set to full width layouts.

Perfect! Thank you!

@horstenj

Glad I could help! 🙂