Suggestion - keep files open when switching dev paths

I have just installed version 1.3.0 and I really like the new features, great job Eric ☺

I like the split screen and also that is saves the custom dev paths.

I was hoping, when i switch to a different dev path, that it would keep my files open.

I am working on a project where I want to see the css file that is in a plugins folder and I want to copy it and then alter the code in an scss file that is in my child theme folder. It would be super handy to be able to keep
the files open when switching dev paths.

Currently i can work split screen which is great, but it just means my dev path is then /wp-content which means i lose the ability to quickly find my folders (and have to close folders to see the other files).

Is this something that is possible that you may add in the future? I don't know whether this would mean you would need/want to duplicate the file tree so when it is split screen we see:

file tree (dev path 1) | open file | file tree 2 (dev path 2) | open file 2

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks, keep up the great work 🙂

@rob

You've got my gears turning regarding the DEV Paths and split screen features. I can't promise anything because there are a lot of variables involved here, but I agree that this would be useful so I'll play with it and see if there are potential solutions that I can implement in a future update.

Thanks for the feedback! 🙂

Thanks Eric! 🙂